Lily Pond

Panic over both rescues had received both the Christmas stockings and the 10 year wip Cathedrals quilt. I emailed them in the end as neither had emailed me as requested. Royal Mail are off the hook but I don’t think I want to go through that again by making anything more for either dog rescue. I didn’t think a 5 minute email acknowledging receipt was too much to ask for the time and work that had gone into making the items. Has anyone else had this issue?

This year I seem to have been finishing projects in the wrong season. My latest finish is no different. The trees are shedding their leaves, and I have just finished a Lily Pond crochet. I used elements from this free pattern and Stylecraft Life yarn which has some wool in it, so feels wonderful.




Comments

Terri said…
Love your lilies! There is a lot of work in that piece. And I thought they were horses, but then I noticed the ears and tails. Those are greyhounds, yes? When did you start needle punch?
That is an amazing sunset, too. Nice to see your blog!
Hugs
Ulla said…
The water lily blanket turned out really lovely! So much variety from the different sizes of flowers and the colour combinations.
Yes, I have had the same kind of lack of response with some charity donations. It feels worst when you deliver your gift in person and someone just tells you to "Just leave it there" from behind her desk in another room. Better look for a nicer charity next time!
Tracy said…
Lily Pond is simply STUNNING, Melanie--BIG, BOLD and BEAUTIFUL! It's absolutely gorgeous! The colors play so wonderful together. Well done! Sooo CUTE are those felted dogs!! Did you make those too?!That evening sky is lovely... There've been so many pretty evening skies of late there as well. VERY glad your charity parcels did arrive. Pity about the lack of emails though, especially as you asked for one. I've never experience that before. Some year ago I donated some of my hand knits to a rather big charity. I didn't receive any acknowledgement, but then I didn't really expect any either. :/ These days I like to give to directly when possible, but even then you're not often thanked. And so I tend toward more money donates rather than makes now. ((HUGS))

Popular posts from this blog

Forest and Makings

Horace the Gargoyle and Cottage Makes

Work In Progress