October -surely it is time to slow down now?

Here I am in a bit of woodland looking at Eastnor castle yesterday. It was the last day of it being open until Easter so instead of getting on with more work, we skived off. This place has been on my bucket list for a while. It was the location of Chesters in Box of Delights in 1984. It is one of my fav films. Amazon sell the dvd, radio broadcast and book by John Masefield. If you are looking for a Christmas or colder weather film, then do watch this. For those of you who are already fans, this site is amazing! I'm standing close to the spot where Peter was scrobbled by Abner Brown and his men, before being thrown in the dungeons. The film shows Abner swimming in the lake. It must have been freezing for the actor Robert Stephens in Winter!

You want to see inside this Victorian Castle don't you?
These are just a few of the many many photos. Dogs are allowed in the castle even upstairs as long as they are on leads. Amazing! You can sleep here too. See the link to the castle website.


Yes I know another photo of Kaffe Fassett lavender bags. The lower 2 aren't filled though as I ran out of lavender from the garden. I ended up buying the last lavenders in flower from a local plant nursery we were passing yesterday on the way to Eastnor castle. Once they are filled, the wardrobe will be finished. Shoes will have to wait until next year.

A couple of the most glorious purple salvias (on the right) also came home with us. We still have bees in the garden so this will be a little extra treat for them.

Christmas stockings from Susan's fabrics. I was cunning with 8 red damask napkins she gave me for the lining. I hope they sell well for her to help dogs.
These 10 dotty and 2 sweets ones went to another dog rescue in the post. I hope they received them. it is worrying when you send something they have asked for and there isn't an email acknowledgement. It makes you not want to risk posting anything else. I know they are busy, but so was I, yet I made time to try to help them. It leaves you with a not so nice feeling. Are they lost in the post or unacknowledged?

I finished a smaller sized ripple "Ocean Scene" for a present for my daughter to use with her wheelchair now the cooler weather is arriving. It is from Attic 24's blog - a design called Woodland Ripple. Daughter loves the sea, so I wanted to make something which was like a reflection of a coastline and sky in the water.

Although it is October, I have some more projects with a summery theme but they aren't finished. I will celebrate big time when one of them is completed, as it is by far my longest ever UFO/WIP/ curse on my to do list! 

Comments

Ulla said…
It must be great to visit locations you already know from a film, especially a place like that!
Your sewings for the dog charities are lovely. The least they ought to do is to thank you by email. The pretty blanket is perfect sizeto keep your daughter warm in a wheelchair.
That would be a great place to stay!
Love the Christmas stockings and the blanket is so pretty.
We have had our first frost night and the trees are changing colours day by day. i do love Autumn, though :)
Terri said…
Busy as usual... glad you took some fun time off. The castle is lovely. When we win the lottery we can stay there.
Your stockings are wonderful and should sell out right away.
Always great to see you on my reading list.
Hugs
Tracy said…
What a BEAUTIFUL place is Eastnor Castle--inside and out! Imagine these places are?were "home" to folks! I would love a soak in that lovely bath!! How wonderful that you were able to take the hounds with you, and they they were allowed inside the castle!! Such nice late additions to your garden... And can almost smell the lavender through the screen--lovely lavender bags! I'm amazed how MANY Christmas stockings you've made--wow! I admire your heart for charity making. :) I'm sorry you're in a worry over your parcels though. Perhaps they're just slow to respond and let you know they've received your makes. Still, not nice having that sinking feeling... :/ LOVE the blanket you've made for your Daughter. I like how you've handled the colors from bolder to softer...lovely! Happy Days transitioning from summer to autumn--in craft, and in life! :))) ((HUGS))

Popular posts from this blog

Forest and Makings

Horace the Gargoyle and Cottage Makes

Work In Progress