Kaffe Happiness



I bet you all have had a time where you just needed to make something to make you smile. Well these rose petal and lavender bags in a Kaffe Fassett fabric made me smile this week. This awful wrist is still too weak to be practical but it did iron a strip of 2012 hoarded Kaffe. I filled a couple with dried traditional rose petals from the garden, and the other 2 with dried lavender. The smell was heady and uplifting. Just what I needed! I really like how they came out.

I have officially used up all my scraps of cotton yarn in the base of this pot cover. The pot was one I had fired earlier but it has a weak spot in the rim, so hopefully this cover will be practical as well as pretty.

The sides are a row of trebles followed by a row of half trebles and a row of double crochet. I like the effect.

Another tick is finishing off the red 4 ply yarn I moved in with. The hat is a circle base, straight sides, then 2 stitches into every one, to form the brim, and straight afterwards. I think a little girl will like it. I've added it to the Grandma's Motif blanket pile for charity. 

I used Attic 24's Woodland Ripple to finish using these DK yarns. This will be one section of a landscape kind of quilt I will experiment with. 

This is an idea I'm playing with at the moment. Any odd strands and ball ends make a square or get added to this. It wont be beautiful, but I'm hoping that it will be practical enough for an animal charity to be able to use it.

Comments

You make me feel lazy :)) using up odd strands of wool for animal blankets is a good idea, I must ask around if anyone would like some - have got bags of odds and ends.
Remember to let that wrist rest :)
Hugs
Tracy said…
Rose & lavender bags... summer in lovely little parcels! :) LOVE the Kaffe fabric! I just made a lavender & herb-filled eye bag for when having headaches and such. I used some rice to stretch out the lavender-herb mix. Very soothing having it resting over the eye, or on the forehead--relaxing! And HOORAY for more of your using up the yarn stash! LOVE the pot cover--great idea, and beautiful! The blues ripple is a gorgeous...looking forward to seeing how you'll create you landscape blanket/quilt with this! And, yes, don't forget to stop and rest sometimes... ;) ((HUGS))
annemariesquilt said…
Hello Melanie... Nice finishes at your place :-) Thank you for your sweet comments on my blogg! Somehow the comments do not reach my mail books, I do not know what is wrong.. Take care ....
Terri said…
Love your pot cover. You've been busy again.
Hugs
Ulla said…
Congratulations on your using up your stash so well! The wild granny square is a great idea for those final ends of yarns.

Popular posts from this blog

Forest and Makings

Horace the Gargoyle and Cottage Makes