Lavender Lollygagging

I've made a bed end drapy thing like we had in the hotel in Ross back in July. I swore no more big projects as I've no need of another big quilt in this little cottage, but this was make-able almost totally from stash. I only had to dash out for a FQ of the leaf fabric to finish the 8 maple leaves at the ends.
The centre is by Nancy Halvorsen in her Art to Heart "Cider mill Road" booklet. I like working from her designs as she even reverses the lettering ready for heat and bond applique. I didn't put her flowers on though, just added more leaves. With Autumn hopefully in the air after what feels like a very long Summer, this bed end drape will keep our toes cosy. 


I backed it in a very pale green herringbone weave cotton cloth. It is incredibly soft. I think the poor fabric has lingered in stash for a decade just waiting for this project.
I have plenty of leftovers so maybe I can make some matching cushion covers.

I made my Granny some lavender bags in a bright colour Kaffe which I think she will like. 
And lastly a funny. 
Edgar Allen Poe had his Raven. It seems I have a fly! When I sit to sew at the machine this week, he joins me staying on that part of the machine. Like Poe I have asked it what it wants. It seemed polite. Fortunately for my sanity it didn't reply "Nevermore," however I have named it that and try not to swat it when moving fabric around. Weird!

Comments

Tracy said…
It turned out soooo BEAUTIFULLY, Melanie! I love the leaves... And the colors/prints are so rich and restful. Another terrific stash buster! I've seen/heard of these things called everything from bed scarves (for ones of very simple construction) or bed end quilt. I don't know what to call them... LOL! LOVE the happy Kaffe fabric for the lavender bags for your Granny. A pet fly... well, that is different! Is he still hanging around? Maybe she just wants to learn to sew?! She's come to the right place, then! ;)... ((HUGS))
Terri said…
Love your leaves made of leaf fabric. Very pretty, and so professional looking. The lettering adds so much. Hope your Granny is doing better.
Hugs
Ulla said…
Your new quilt looks great with the encouraging text and beautiful fabrics. Autumn is such a special time of the year, turning the thoughts inside our homes again but also showing beautiful colours and clear skies on the best days.
Your granny will love the lavender bags!
Jeanie said…
I think that is gorgeous. Beautiful fabric and a wonderful way to use up! In a way, it will be a reminder of your visit to Ross, even though you made it and didn't get it there. Inspiration is such fun! And your gran is going to adore the lavender bags. The Kaffe fabric is glorious. So, so pretty! What a kind thing to do.
The bed end quilt is lovely! Perfect for autumn cosy warm toes 😊
Deb said…
That's gorgeous hun. Nice to know there is a new name for "it", Dilly Dallying or Lolly gagging, what did Bryan say????? Sorry that was a bit naughty, could resist. Nancy Halvorsen's patterns are greal aren't they. xx

Popular posts from this blog

Forest and Makings

Horace the Gargoyle and Cottage Makes