Longest UFO is finished!

10 years ago I was handed a carrier bag with bits of Cathedrals in in various states of finishing, by 2 ladies who were kind of working together. I have ignored it for months (if not longer) at a time, as it looks too busy to my eye.  But after 10 years where it was on my To Do List, it has finally been ticked off. I got really strict with myself over the Summer, so it could go to charity in plenty of time to help with a Christmas fundraiser. 

I will let you know if this charity acknowledges receipt by email. I never did hear about the stockings. It makes me worried about posting things again to them.
There were some background "envelopes" left over of the same colours, so I have started turning them into cushion covers. This is far less intimidating than the quilt! I prefer the uniformity of this. One down and 5 to go!
Today I went off list to make the next journal/bloglog book, to take over from the Cow Parsley one. As we are Autumn, it has a silver on blue cobweb background. The 4x 4 pointed stars are made from Kaffe Fassett Mosaic and Roman Glass. They kind of reminded me about how we are often putting bits back together and running round in circles but if we take a step back, life can look beautiful.
As I found some very cheap A5 hardback books on Friday, I stockpiled! These are the covers I made today. Next to the stars is a pine needle covered book. It has snowflakes inside in a matching pale blue. On the bottom row is an Easter coloured Kaffe Fassett Millifliori. It has a blue inner. The final book uses my last scraps of fabric I bought in Egypt. I tried to make it Summer themed with a water fabric on the back. Inside it has butterflies. 
So in theory, this is how the next year is going to look. I hope I can time the books to the right season. It was lovely auditioning so many shades of blue. I had totally forgotten about some fabrics!

Comments

Ulla said…
Congratulations on your finish! I remember your struggle with the cathedral windows, so it must really feel good to get them off your hands. The cushion cover looks good.
Your new journal covers make a nice set, taking you through the year and reminding of past projects with some of the fabrics.
Terri said…
You are brave! I've tried to figure out the pattern for Cathedral Windows... not easy. Those pieces look great. Love the book covers, too.
Hugs
Tracy said…
HOORAY for finished projects... and especially long-term projects! You did a terrific job finishing the Cathedrals quilt. It's not easy taking over where others leave off, and you were brave to take this on, I think! The colors together aren't the most pleasing, but you did well in making it whole and finished. Hope it brings in some nice money for the charity. LOVE all your book covers, each so beautiful and unique. What a nice thing to work on after the slog with the Cathedrals... LOL! Your own red/white Cathedrals for a cushion cover is lovely...looks like Christmas. :) Happy Days ((HUGS))

Popular posts from this blog

Forest and Makings

Horace the Gargoyle and Cottage Makes

Work In Progress