2019 up to July




Google photos is still uploading 2019 photos for me. These are the doings up to July. I made a lot of child lap blankets for my daughter’s community craft group to sell to raise money for more supplies.
A big joy for 2019 was the pond. The garden is starting to come together. It’s only taken 3 years so far.
I had some chunky teal yarn leftovers which made this children’s jacket.

For ages I adored a French General fabric I had used in a quilt. It has a vintage feel so this 1940s  blouse pattern was ideal. It looks good with the tweed jacket I also made.
The back gates got painted and I laid a path to them from bits I already had in the garden. Gravel was added to the car park area.
Sorry this is in order of making rather than logic! Another mini blanket.
For fans of Sex Education on Netflix, this is one of the filming locations in Redbrook over the river Wye. The pub with the multi level beer garden is The Boat Inn.
A small sloe, hawthorn and witch hazel hedge at the back gates.

Hanabira crochet cardigan. I’m sorry to say but it was a nightmare to make and I didn’t like how it fitted afterwards. A bit off putting for a first adult size crochet garment.
A sea themed quilt for daughter. The design was in an old magazine.
More makes from donated yarn for daughter’s craft group. It’s been a challenge trying to use the oddments as effectively as possible.




A wet felted picture of a bridge I came across in a park in Lydney near a lake. I took a photo to work from.

Chamomile dyed calico.
 A couple of children’s hats from donated yarn to help daughter’s craft group.
 Ever come across a yarn you just have to have? (Stylecraft cabaret rainbow.) I made this magical looking child’s cardigan for the one day box. I used the leftovers in a lap blanket afterwards. There is a metallic blue thread running throughout.


Comments

Ulla said…
Great to see your projects all listed and shown together! And this is only the first half of the year. You are a busy lady, and you have done so much for others.
The change your garden has gone through in three years is amazing.
Jeanie said…
You have been so creative and productive! No wonder we haven't seen you here more often. I can see why that last yarn called your name. It calls mine!
Tracy said…
LOVED this backward glance for part of 2019, Melanie... So many beautiful makes... And the pond is such a beauty spot for your garden! It can take a long time making a place you're own. I think you've accomplished a BIG amount in 3 years--so many good changes. We've lived in this house for almost 14 years, and it still feels like we're working on it! ;) Happy Days, my friend--great to have you back in blogland! ((HUGS))

Popular posts from this blog

Forest and Makings

Horace the Gargoyle and Cottage Makes

Work In Progress